Monday, July 12, 2010

Tea Time & Tea Pot and Tea Things Tuesday & Other Happenings!!!

Good afternoon everyone,

What have you all been up to? I've been busy the last couple of days with making soap. Now I'm trying to catch up on everything else. I started a 6-part Bible study on the book of Ruth..I'll write about that towards the end of this post. 

I'm posting my Tea Time Tuesday a day early. I've decided to try and have it posted the day before...and then do absolutely nothing on Tuesdays. I want more time to read all of your blogs and have a little rest :) :) :) Here are my tea things for Tuesday - July 13th, 2010. This is my second week of fun!!!!  OH, if you'd like to participate please visit the tea buttons posted on my sidebar. There are two towards the middle of the blog sidebar. Pay Sandi of Rose Chintz Cottage and Pam of A Breath of Fresh Air a visit.  You'll be glad that you did!!!

When I lived in Eugene, Oregon there was a tea shop within walking distance of my apartment. It is called Savouré Tea Shop. That shop was so beautiful and smelled like all sorts of fragrant teas. They also had all the accessories...teacups, teapots, saucers etc.  that a body could want. Of course, I was a poor working girl, but I still wanted a nice teacup with saucer.  So I saw this and saved my money for it, purchased it, and brought it home. I love the delicate roses against the white background on the teacup. The saucer is a coordinating pink/white/light green plaid background.


I'm including this poem that I have been thinking about a lot lately, especially the first few lines. Do any of you remember the tv series "Christy"? There's a scene where David Grantland invites Christy to tea by the little pond and he quotes the first few lines of this poem...

SHE WALKS IN BEAUTY, LIKE THE NIGHT
by Lord Byron (1814)

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies,
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meets in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which Heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in ever raven tress
Or softly lightens o'er her face,
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek and o'er that brow
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent;
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent.

Here's my teacup and matching saucer from a slightly different angle and in much better light.  Notice the white/pink doily with double ruffled edge. I purchased that doily at a yardsale a few weeks back for just $0.25.


Here's a close-up of the pink,white and light green plaid detail on the saucer.


It's a fine porcelain teacup and saucer fra Chacult. Now, I never bothered to keep the box...I tried researching this on Google and it was quite difficult. It's a company based in Germany. Their products are sold in many places. However, it was a bit difficult to find a company website. If I remember right "Chacult" was short for "China culture"...as in plates, saucers etc...

I just started participating today in a six-part Bible study on the book of Ruth.  It's being led by Tressa over at Walking in His Path. Click here to view her blog. Her friend Micah at Unfading Beauty is also facilitating the study. Click here to view her blog. The series is called "Redeeming Ruth" by Pastor Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church. Now he can and is a bit brash at times. I don't normally listen to him, simply because I have a lot on my plate as it is...BUT I love the book of Ruth. So I decided to give this a try.
The first lesson is really great. I was very pleasantly surprised.  There's so much gold to be discovered in this book. Where do I start?  If you'd like to listen and participate,check out Micah's blog or Tressa's blog.  There are links there to the study or you can just click here to go directly to the first message.  You'll also notice there are PDF notes you can download. Oh back to what I learned, a LOT...I think that it took a lot of faith on Ruth's part to leave her homeland,people and gods to go back to Judah with Naomi and follow the one true God.  However, look how much God blessed her for that decision to follow HIM and honor Naomi. He brought her a huge blessing..Anyway, I'm saving my comments for the study :) :) :) Do have your Bible with you!!!
 Both Tressa and Micah are young ladies who've decided to live their lives for God. They're really neat young women. So please pay them a visit.  It's really refreshing to see young people have a heart for God!!! If you decide to participate, please visit their blogs to leave comments/discuss what you have learned...:) :) :) They're really nice young ladies!!!
Feel free to borrow this photo with Scripture and share it on your blog or with friends/loved ones, if you'd like :) :) :)

As I was coming home from errands today, I noticed one of the apartment's has  a rosebush in front.  So I quickly snapped a few photos.  One of them I turned into that photo I posted earlier with the Scripture.  These roses were pink and pinkish yellow and yellow all growing on the same rosebush. It was very beautiful.

I'm letting the soap cure...and I'm sure staring at it a lot!!!  This is one of those moments where I have no choice but to be patient. Apropos soap,I have a really nice blogger friend, Gerry of Gerry's Soap N Stuff.  Click here to pay her a visit or visit the button on my sidebar. She knows a LOT about making soap.  She writes quite a bit about it...and if you go to her blog site you can see some really neat photos of her work, plus other nice things!!!

Well, that's about it.  I don't think I've forgotten anything. Have you ever had one of those days where you haven't done a lot , but you have done a lot? I think I'm having one of those days.  Although, truly it is a very good kind of busy.  So I'll rejoice :) :) )

I'm still thinking about that Bible study on Ruth..."Redeeming Ruth".  I'm in for something great here!!!!  There's a lot here..tragedy, romance, God's provision in all things. It's such a great book to read. It's only a few chapters long. I'd encourage you to read it this week.

WELCOME TO: Betty/That Corgie :) ): of A Corgi in Southern California. Click here to view her blog.Thanks for joining my blog.  It's an honor and a blessing :) :) :)

That's the news from Oregon today...unless I think of something else :) :) :) Lots of love and hugs, Heather :) :) :)

24 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Heather,
What a darling little teacup! I just love the posies with the gingham; very sweet! I am re-reading 'Christy' right now as a matter of fact! I read it years ago but decided to read it again. I enjoyed the TV series too when it was on.
Ruth is a great book to study. Thank you for sharing and thanks for joining me for Tea Time. Hope you have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Vicki said...

Hello, dear Heather,
I can see why you saved your money for that pretty cup and saucer, so charming and sweet!! I enjoyed my tea time so much with you today. Sending love and hugs to you, my tea time friend~ Vicki

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI there ladies :) :) Eeek...always delight to get comments from friends!!!

@Sandi...I've only used that teacup a few times, preferring to look at it than drink out of it. :) :)..but now that I've discovered Tea Time Tuesday...well, that'll change. I think I might call it "Tea Time with Heather" or something like that..:) :) I havene't read the novel "Christy" in awhile either. I have the original tv series on DVD. There were some mini-series made about 10 years after to sort of give some closure to the tv series. Those are good, too!!!..and you see Christy and Doc McNeil get married, he comes to Christ, they gt married :) :) So romantic. I love a good romance story!!! Thank you for letting me participate in the tea with you :) :) This is a lot of fun!!!

@Vicki...thanks for writing to me :) :) I'm glad you enjoyed having tea with me :) :) It's always encouraging to hear nice things like this :) :) I'm already thinking about next week!!!! Love and hugs right back at you, Heather :) :) :)

Love and hugs to both of you from Oregon, Heather :) :) :)

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi Heather :) That is just the sweetest cup and saucer, and done in my favorite colors of pink and green. Love the sweet pink roses on the cup...what a great find with the sweet doily! Love the pretty pink on the edge:) I remember watching Christy on tv... love it!

Wishing you a Happy Teacup Tuesday!

Warmest, Brenda

paperbutterfly said...

Heather this is just the sweetest teacup. Love the saucer. Your tea will taste so wonderful in such a pretty cup. Good that you saved your money so this treasure could be yours.
Thank you for stopping in for tea.
We look forward to seeing what you have to share next.
Have a great week. Blessings, Pam

betty said...

thanks for the welcome, Heather! It is a pleasure to read your blog; I'm enjoying getting to know you!

that tea cup is so exquisite!! so pretty against the doily you found too! very nice!

I love the book of Ruth. I might have to check out that study. I also totally admire Boaz who was such a kind man watching out for the widows like the scripture told him to do. If I remember correctly, this was during the time of Judges when everyone "did as they saw fit" yet he saw fit to live a good life honoring God and taking care of others.

hope you have a great Tuesday :)

betty

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

@Brenda/Shabby Cats and Roses...thank you :) :) :) the teacup and saucer are cute :) :) The doily was a steal of a deal. I could have bought a whole box full...but this was the only one that was pink and white...so I knew I wanted that one for sure!!! Christy...I'm going to rewatch those DVDs again :) :)

@Pam/Paperbutterfly :) :....thanks for leaving me a comment. I love nice visitors :) :) I don't know about you...but I'm already thinking about what I'd like to show for next Tuesday!!!

@Betty/That Corgi...you are welcome for the welcome :) :) :) That study on the book of Ruth is really great so far. I think I went a little overboard when I posted the comment..I wrote TOO much...so I'll write less next time..but it's one of those moments, where my heart is so full, I just can't stand it anymore...and I have to write about what's going on and what I've learned :) :) :)

Ladies, thanks for stopping by to pay me a visit!!! I read each and every comment and respond to every single one!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :) :)

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

such a sweet colour teacup! so is the doily.. perfect setting tea for one.

Mountain Woman said...

I have tea every afternoon without fail. It's my pick me up after working outside all day. I think the cups are so beautiful and especially gorgeous because pink is my favorite color. What an ambitious person you are making soap. I bet it will be wonderful. Thank you for pointing the way to the Bible study. I'm headed over to check it out now. LOVE your blog. It's so friendly here.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

@Fitty/Fitty's Pinky Rose Cottage, I love new visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a nice comment :) :) I've been so inspired by all the lovely tea things everyone is posting!! I stopped by your blog and left a comment :) :)

@Mountain Woman :) :)....There's something relaxing about tea...maybe because we have to wait a little bit for it to brew till it's perfect.
The soap was really easy. the "hardest" part was mixing the lye into the water. That was very EASY...and VERY ANTICLIMACTIC!! :) :) Now just comes the waiting part. I"m watching them every day...waiting for those soapbars to "hatch" :) :)
The Bible study is wonderful.."Redeeming Ruth"..and Michae and Tressa are two really neat young ladies who love Jesus Christ :)
Have a great week.

Fitty and Mountain Woman, thanks for visiting me today :) :) I love visitors!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :) :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Heather,
What a sweet little tea cup and saucer that is!! So dainty and in such a pretty shade of pink too!!
LOVE it!!

Debbie

Terri said...

I just love your pink and pretty tea cup and saucer! How sweet is that!
It is perfect for hot chocolate....(oops, are we to be talking tea today?).
Thank you for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Terri

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Hi Heather and what a wonderful cup and saucer, so cheerful and wouldn't it be great to wake up each day and drink from that beauty? Thanks for sharing and enjoy your study group!
Tina xo

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

@Debbie at Debbie-Dabble..thanks for paying me a visit :) :) Yeah. I love the teacup, too. It inspired me to want to add more beauty to my everyday life :) ) :)

@Terri...hey, I love hot chocolate too...so yes, I would my cup for that..a nice dainty,charming cup of hot chocolate :) :) :) ...with whipped cream!!!

@Tina...teacup and saucer are definitely cheery. It's so light and airy but still has a nice touch of grace and color :) :) The study group is awesome. Go check out "walking in His Path" or "Unfading Beauty"..both are leading the study. Or you can click on this link here and it lists all the studies in order
http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/redeemingruth

I'm learning a lot and I'm feeling encouraged too!!!

Thanks everyone for paying me a visit. I feel really spoiled now...in a good way :) :) :) Thanks for taking the time to leave me comments. I read/love every single one :) :)

Love and hugs, Heather :) :)

Lady Katherine said...

Heather Thank you for stopping in at my blog and following. I love your lovely teacup, it so pretty! Enjoyed hearing about the Bible Study on Ruth. I love to make soap too! I so glad someone said something nice about me, but oh what was said that was embarrassing? You have me so curious! lol email me at ladykatherineteaparlor@gmail.com
I would love to know. lol

Annesphamily said...

Great post Heather! I like your tea stuff. That tea cup is quite delightful! I posted a few pics on the giveaway. Come see!

I also was visiting Tressa. I am amazed that she and her friend are such awesome followers of Christ. Touches my heart!

I love visiiting you. Take care sweetie Anne

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Heather!

Love your sweet teacup and saucer! My favorite colors! Oh my, you homemade soap turned out wonderful! Wow, I am impressed!!!!

You asked:

1~1/3...did you mean only use One and a third bars of Pink Zote soap? Yes! The Zote bars are quite big and if you use that much it equals 3 bars of Fels Naptha! Hope that helps! I have found my Pink Zote at Walmart and a food chain called WinCo.

Have a wonderful week!
Maryjane

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

@Lady Katherine...I just sent you an e mail a few minutes ago :) :)No, the embarassment is definitely on me...because I can't remember which nice person said the nice thing about you :) :) :) That's so cool that you like to make soap. You should check out "Gerry's Soap N Stuff" on my sidebar. She knows EVERYTHING...I mean everything..!!!! ..and she's a sweetheart of a lady too :) :)


@Annesphamily :) :) OH my yes, I think Tress and and Micah are wonderful young women following after God...and I"m thoroughly enjoying the Bible study on Ruth. If you haven't started it yet...I recommend you watch/listen!!! You'll learn lots and be totally blessed...
Oh yes, I'm definitely going to check out the photos for the giveaways on your blog :) :)

@Maryjane...thanks so much for writing back :) :) :) I really appreciate that!!! Okay, I'll do what you say...I think the thing that attracted me to your blog the first time was all the pretty items..but the PINK laundry soap...Okay, I'm definitely giving pink ZOTE soap a try. Lehman's will sell 3 bars for $3.95...We do have Winco where I live and Walmart...so I'll check there first. Thanks!!!! I still have quite a bit left to go on my soap...but when this current batch runs out, I'm going to try your homemade powdered laundry soap recipe. I might even blog about it one of these days :) :)

I am richly blessed and so happy that you all take time out of your day to visit me and leave comments/join my blog etc :) :) :) That's an honor and I owe it all to Jesus Christ...so thankful fo reach and every one of you!!!

Love and hugs, Heather :)

Unknown said...

This is my first time to your blog and I love it. I have become a follower so I won't miss anything.

Appleshoe said...

I’ve wanted to attempt making soap but have not gotten around to it yet. Your teacup and saucer set is darling. Take care.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Heather: So glad you joined Tea Cup Tuesday. I love that cute little cup of yours. I love the roses and the plain. Have a wonderful week, hope you can join us next week. Blessings, Martha

Tressa said...

Hi Heather,
Thank you so much for the kind things you said about Micah and I! I was very blessed by what you said!
I pray that you are blessed throughout the study.

~Tressa

parTea lady said...

That is a pretty teacup. It reminds me of quilting with the two different patterns mixed together. Your yard sale doily is very lovely too.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi everyone, I'm just now getting caught up with comments :) :)

@Cindy...thanks for joining my blog :) :) I always consider that a compliment when people enjoy what I write. It's all because of Jesus Christ and I'm so thankful that I can do this :)

@Appleshoe...soap making is easy...very easy..if you need some good sites, let me know. You can click on Gerry's Soap N Stuff..she knows a LOT about making soap :) :)

@Martha/Martha's Favorites...I'll be there next week for tea...for sure... I'm going to have to find more tea stuff...because I'm going to run out soon. My collection is really small at the moment :) :)

@Tressa...I love the "Redeeming Ruth" Bibly study...I just got caught up last night..so I'll be leaving comments on parts 3 and 4 today sometime :)

@parTea Lady...:) :) :) I love your blog name. I love doilies..and I love yard sales. I'll have to see if I can find more doilies and other goodies!!!