Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Monday. Have a Great Week!!!!



Good morning everyone...Enjoy the yellow flowers. It's the beginning of another week and I wanted something to cheer you up :) :) :)

I just finished eating breakfast. I've had so many people join my blog the last few days. God is so good to me...and thank you for making me a part of your life. What an honor :) :) I just started blogging the end of May and I never would have dreamed it be this far already :) :) I pray for all of you and am so thankful you are here :) :)

Today is going to be a short post.  My dad LOVES listening to Bible studies...and I mean LOVES it...so do I...but listening to a good Bible study for him, is like giving me free reign in my favorite knitting store...to buy whatever I want. SO, he'll be spending more time on the computer today to download some good studies.

WELCOME TO: Cindy Adkins at I Owe It All To Him. Click here to pay her a visit. She has wonderful inspirational things to say every week. She also writes another blog. If you go visit her, then click on her profile, you can see the other one she writes too :) :) :)

WELCOME TO: Nancy Y of The Trinket Collector. Click here to pay her a visit. She really does have some of the cutest trinkets. I browsed through her blog yesterday :) :) :)

WELCOME TO: Barbara of Barbara's Bakin N Bits. Click here to pay her a visit as well. Also she writes another blog, so when you click on her profile, the link will show up there :) :) :)

Thanks ladies for joining my blog.  I was saying earlier that God is so good to me.  One way He's showing His goodness is by all you nice ladies joining my blog :) :) :) Sometimes it's hard to remember that when I'm feeling down...but that doesn't change the truth of who God is or His love for me & the work He's doing in my life :) :) :)

I worked on some knitting last night. There's something really relaxing about this hobby!!! I feel nothing buy complete joy when I knit :) :) Can you relate with your favorite hobby/hobbies. Of course, I'd include tea things, homemaking...learning about it, other crafts I do like quilting, crochet, scrapbooking etc..You get the idea!!! It must be working with the hands...That has to be it :) :)

This is going to be a short post, as I mentioned earlier. My dad is already standing at the doorway with his Bible in hand, ready to do another great study :) :) Oh, quick note about my father. He became a Christian at the age of 5...and he's now 59.  He loves spending most of his free time studying the Bible. He really loves it. He loves Jesus Christ and He just wants to know Him as much as is humanly possible before He meets Him face-to-face for real in heaven.


Feel free to borrow this photo if you'd like and add your own Scripture too it...or perhaps a piece of poetry or a lovely saying...Feel free to share this photo on your blog and/or with friends/family.

Here are some more flowers since my post is so short today :) :) I'll be here tomorrow to participate in tea with you all :) :) I'm really loving this so much.  So man kindred spirits out there...to quote Anne of Green Gables ;) :) (BTW, my favorite books and movies EVER)...Pray that God will make it possible for me to continue with tea. I have a few more tea things...but not much...so pray that I'll be able to find some good tea things at the Goodwill. I know it's a little request..but I really do take Philippians 4:6-7 quite literally..I bring ALL requests to God my Father, because He cares for me...and that means He cares about the things that are important to me. That and the fact that I'm super blessed all the time visiting you all, but especially with tea:) :) :)

One extra note, my post from Saturday...click here if you'd like to see it..include a welcome to Mary..but no blog link :( :( Mary is so awesome!!! She updated it and I've added it to the post. Her blog is called Vintage Comfort...you can click on Saturday's post or click here to see her blog :) :) Welcome, Mary!!!!!

Have a blessed week. I'm starting my thankful journal again TODAY!!! You all are first on my list :) :) That's the news from Oregon today. Love and hugs, Heather :)

9 comments:

Gerry's Soap N Stuff said...

Another great post, Heather. The description of your Dad reminds me of my own father. He was Christain from childhood, never faltering through his life, Sunday school teacher for the adult class for 30+ years, minister of music longer than that. He was a Godly man of whom I am/was so proud of. Rich Blessings, Gerry

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

@Gerry...thanks for sharing that. Your dad sounds like a precious man, too :) ) :) I'm off to the grocery store and more crafting today!!!! Love and hugs, Heather :)

Sheila said...

Heather,
I just love your posts. I am so grateful that I found your blog yesterday. I think it is lovely how you point out new blogs for us to enjoy! I'll also have to check out Tea Time Tuesday--my youngest daughter and I were talking about having tea every so often. What gorgeous flowers and what wonderful faith you have. Thank you for sharing both with us. Sheila

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

@Sheila...thank you :) :) Yes, I love tea and you'll find MANY kindred spirits out there who love tea, and they have such lovely tea things to display every week. If you go to my sidebar, you'll have to scroll a little bit, there are two buttons beneath Sandi's of Rose Chintz Cottage INspiration...one is for her tea party.."Tea Time Tuesday"..and theo ther is for "Tea Pot and Tea Things Tuesday"...both are super fun...and I"ve met some really super nice ladies that way :) :) Love and hugs, Heather ;) :) :)

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Heather,
Aren't you just a dear? I love your enthusiasm!

I'd like to tell you that if your dad loves Bible studies, I hope that he can read some of my earlier posts (especially the one about the tag on my door!)
Each day, I write an inspirational story and I think he'd get a lot out of them because they're short.
Isn't it wonderful that he has been such a positive influence in your life? That is fantastic!

I hope you find what you are looking for at Goodwill today too!
Have a blessed day!
Hugs,
Cindy

Nancy said...

Your blog is soooo sweet Heather, I Love It!! I hope you have a wonderful day, and good luck with your shopping!!

xoxo Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, thanks for the nice mention and thank you for "following" my humble blog ;) Mary

Jill said...

I enjoy those beautiful flower pics you post! Are they from your garden? That is so wonderful your Dad devotes that time to the bible, I love hearing that! So glad to have found you and thanks for connecting me to some othet great blogs as well. Your so sweet!
Blessings, Jill

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

@Cindy...I found quite a bit..I'll be posting about over the next few Tuesdays..for the tea party things..

@Nancy...I was very lucky with shopping...I bought some really cute things!!!

@Mary... you are welcome!!! Humble but might!!!! Thanks for visiting me :) :)

@Jill...most of those are from friends gardens or flowers I see around various homes and business. I don't have a garden of my own or any plants, yet :) :) I'm not sure if I' ll try th is season or not because things are tight with the job layoffs...but I'm collecting ideas...so when opportunity presents itself, I'll be prepared!!!

Love and hugs to you all, Heather :)