Monday, July 5, 2010

Beautiful, Wise Hands like a 100 Year old Pear Tree!!!



Hi everyone....sorry about earlier this morning...computer problems drive me nuts...and make me realize how dependent I am on technology sometimes. I'm not sure how I feel about that.  This photo is courtesy of Prairie Flower Farm. Thanks Linda for letting me borrow this!!! This is just what I needed today!!!!...I wanted to share this photo with all of you...to encourage you in your day today!!!

If you read my post from yesterday about the old man at church...this photo fits right in. I love this old woman's hands...so beautiful, lots of wrinkles and knots like a 100 year old pear tree. I'll bet those hands have seen a lot of life!!!...and she works with her hands...I love that.  There's something really relaxing and comforting for me, when I'm working with my hands. there's a lot of joy in making something, even if it has a tiny mistake in it. It makes me think about the joy God takes in us...each individually and wonderfully made!!!!!

I have to run to the store and pick up batteries for my camera.  My camera sucks the life out of batteries like a vacuum cleaner sucks dirt off the carpet....fhwoop!!!!

WELCOME TO: BRENDA OF SHABBY CATS AND ROSES....AND TO ANGIE OF BLISSFULLY BLESSED!!!

CHECK BACK LATER TODAY AND I'LL POST LINKS TO BOTH OF THEIR BLOGS ON MY SIDEBAR UNDER THE LIST OF SITES/BLOGS I READ!!!! BOTH OF THESE LADIES HAVE WONDERFUL THINGS TO WRITE ABOUT. GREAT SPIRITUAL INSIGHT AND LOTS OF BEAUTIFUL STUFF....PINK, ROMANTIC...ALL THOSE GREAT THINGS THAT MAKE THIS WOMAN'S HEART VERY HAPPY!!!!

That's the news from Oregon at the moment.  I love it when you visit and leave comments...I just love you all lots, period!!! Much love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :) :) :)

8 comments:

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi Heather :) Make sure you copy the entire code...it may be that you didn't get it all, and that is why it didn't show up. I do know of another blog that has it on their sidebar, and it worked fine. Give it another try, and if you still are having problems, then you can go ahead and use the picture on my header :)

Warmest, Brenda

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Brenda...I did copy the entire code...four times :) :) :)...but there's something missing from the beginning...all I have is everything after the word center... So I copied the photo at your blog header :) :) :)...and added a picture to my blog with a link to your blog!!!!! That worked great!!! My mom loves pink and so did my grandmother!!!! I love all the pretties...like something out of the tv series Road to Avonlea or Romantic Home magazine :) :) :) Makes me very happy!!!! Thanks for letting me borrow the photo!!! Much love and hugs, Heather :)

Anne said...

I would stay out of Face Book. That is where I was spam/scammed. My computer has up to the minute virus protection so I am very careful. I am so sorry you got attacked. I do not trust Face Book. One experienced blogger told me Face Book was a virus waiting to happen. My computer often warns me and I delete where I was. SO far no blogs have given me any problem. I am praying you resolve this soon. Anne

Camille said...

How beautiful those hands are! What lovely thoughts to go with them! :)

Blessings,
Camille

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Just an update...I know some of you have posted comments here :) :) I published them and Blogger DELETED them...arggh..very annoying. I want to respond to you all and I can't because Blogger is messing up. Do still continue to write to me..and as soon as Blogger fixes this problem, I'll respond to your posts. I'm so sorry about this...Love and hugs, Heather :) :) :)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

@Brenda...Shabby Cats and Roses :) :)

Your comment is back up :) :) Way cool...now to wait for the others :) :) part of the html code is missin on your button. I did double check it...but what I did was borrow your header image :) :) Thank you!!!!...and I added it as a picture with a link to your blog on my sidebar :) :) :)


I so love your site...all the pretty soft pinks etc...It reminds me of Romantic Home magazine :) :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

@Annesphamily,
Oh you know what I published this comment and it disappeared and now it's back. I found out the virus that attacked my computer while I was on Facebook is a rogue virus...and that means it can attack ANYWHERE...and you don't know you have it, till you get it. The second time it happened, it was while I was in my email!!! Both times the tech guy fixed it and now it's been really good. oh when you send me an email, is there any way you could just send it as plain text? That would be best for my computer..otherwise you can leave messages for me here, too :) :) :) Mucho love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

@Camille...sorry I missed your comment. remember sometimes Blogger is nasty business...
Oh, that photo, it's great...If you click on the link on my sidebar for Prairie Flower Farm...Linda Stubbs writes that, those hands are the hands of a sweet old lady named Miss Clarice. Linda has written about her a few times. You would love to read/get to know Miss Clarice!!! Have a great weekend. Sorry I just saw this comment today...Love and hugs, Heather :)