Friday, July 16, 2010

365 Day Photo Challenge - July 3rd, 2010 till July 16th, 2010

Hi everyone...yikes, I'm busy...and if I don't stay on top of things...it just all piles up :) :)  I found a couple of really cool yard sale things today...just two little things. One of them is a metal Westinghouse ice cube tray with the metal lever that pops out the ice cubes. Most of you know what I'm talking about. My mom used to have those. So I found one..used, but still works, for dirt cheap!!! I'll post about it tomorrow :) :)

Here's my next installment in my 365 day photo challenge.  Please visit my friend Miss Antoinette at Practical Simplicity Photos. Click here to check out her photos. She's the one who inspired me to participate in this fun challenge!! 

I'm a little behind, so I'm posting 2 weeks worth of photos. There were a couple of days I just couldn't get a single shot. So I made sure to take extras on the other days. Enjoy..!!!


Saturday - July 3rd, 2010


Sunday - July 4th, 2010  The prayer room at my church.  The church building used to be a bank and that room used to be the money vault. The door stands open permanently now :) :) :)


Monday ~ July 5th, 2010


Thursday ~ July 8th, 2010  This is where my dad and I like to go after we eat at Sonic. We like to watch planes land and take off. This is a great viewing spot!!


Thursday ~ July 8th, 2010


Thursday ~ July 8th, 2010 I thought we'd get a rainstorm this day...but no, alas, it was not to be. We got nada!!!


Friday ~ July 9th, 2010


Saturday ~ July 10th, 2010


Sunday ~ July 11th, 2010 My friend Julie and I made hoemade soap for the first time. Julie actually made the soap and I took photos of the process.


Monday ~ July 12th, 2010 These are some roses in front of a neighboring apartment.


Tuesday ~ July 13th, 2010 This cat belongs to the very same apartment tenants as Stubby...yet, this cat is also outdoors all the time. Here he is ( think it's a "he" anyway) taking a cat nap ;) :) I like to call him "Socks". He refused to open his eyes for me :)


Wednesday ~ July 14th, 2010  I never get tired of looking at Oregon's beautiful country.


Thursday ~ July 15th, 2010. The old Varsity Theatre in Ashland, Oregon. Built sometime in the 1930s. It's still a great place to go see a movie!!!


Friday ~ July 16th, 2010 Okay, I think this is a magnolia tree bloom. This tree was on a street corner and a little difficult to snap a clear photo. I love magnolia trees. The blooms are beautiful!!!

 
 
WELCOME TO: Linda May of Blueridge Boomer. Click here if you'd like to check out her blog :) :) :)  I'm always very happily surprised when people join my blog!!! It's an honor :)
 
I bought some more yarn...this time at Joann's Fabrics. My favorite inexpensive but super cute brand is "Lily Sugar n' Cream" It's 100% cotton. I know, I've blogged about this before, but I can't help myself when it comes to yarn :) :) :)
 
That's the news from Oregon today. Much love and hugs, Heather :)

8 comments:

Karen Long said...

Hey Heather,, love the new post.. and love the pic of your neighborhood cat.. tooo cute..

I was wondering.. when you post a comment on my blog and I get it via my email address,, i hit reply, and i was wondering if you are getting my replys back to you.. or are they just getting lost in cyber space..
can you please send me a comment and let me know if you have gotten any of the comment back to you .. Thanks.. again..love the blog..
and to answer your question about the little insert at the bottom of each of my post asking for comment.. I made it on Fotoflex..
choice a back ground, insert text, and then Merge the two together and then save..
I can give you better directions if you want.. just let me know..

betty said...

I think that prayer room is awesome!! all great pictures Heather; it is fun to do such a project like this for a year, isn't it??

I do remember those types of ice trays, what a great find!

have a great weekend!

betty

Jill said...

Heather,
what beautiful pictures, I love them all but i particularly like the ones of the storm clouds rolling in, great shot! What kind of camera do you have? Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for sharing!

Blessings, Jill

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hello ladies :) :) :),

@Karen...yes "Socks" is cute...Have you seen the photos of "Stubby" that I've posted? She's super cute too :) :) They belong to a neighbor that apparently never feeds them very much. So some of the other neighbors feed those two cats. They're very sweet/friendly cats..and Stubby, in particular, is very, very vocal...even at 7:30 a.m. :) :)
I think with comments, you can moderate them via email..but replies have to be done on the comment section of a given post. I believe that is how it works!!! :) :) I'm going to try making one of those "signature box" things this weekend :) :)

@Betty/That corgi :)...yeah, that prayer room is awesome and fairly unique, too. I can't think of any other church that has one quite like it. it's really neat because there's very comfy leather couches. There's always communtion set up in there, if you want a private time between you and God. It's really nice and inviting!!!

@Jill...thanks for the compliments on my photos :) :) I just shoot what makes me smile :) :) I have a Kodak EasyShare C182 camera..slightly clunkier than some others out there. However, the buttons are easy to push and it has a nice 3" screen!!! It does quite a bit..and the price is average :) :)...I bought mine at Target, but you can find it online. Now at Target it was originally about $110...and I seem to remember paying about $85 give or take a few dollars!!! So I came in way under my original budget :) :) :) it's a great camera for a beginner like me :) :) What type of camera do you use?

Ladies thanks so much for visiting me and leaving comments. I enjoy you all so much. I do read every single comment, too :) :) Love and hugs, Heather :)

Carol Mae said...

Hi Heather, Love all your posts and the beautiful flowers and mountains. Thanks again for the nice comments. Blessings, Carol Mae

Camille said...

Hi Heather! Great post! I *love* seeing photos...what a wonderful way to document life! You will enjoy looking back on them down the road a little bit. :)

How interesting that your church is in the building of a bank! LOVED that shot...very fun!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Camille

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Camille :) :) :)

Yeah, the church was started by a group of people from Applegate Christian Fellowship. They want to plant lots of little community churches I think...but make it easy for people to find a church. I think becuse some people won't go to church if it's too far away...but if there's one in the community, then maybe they'll be willing to go and hear the Gospel etc. This one used to be a bank building...then the building sat empty for a long time, until it was purchased and turned into a church. It's a really good influence in the downtown area...there's mostly bars, restaurants, the train tracks etc...so it has really improved the look/atmosphere of downtown a whole lot!!!! Plus, there's a coffe shop owned by the church, that also serve the community :) :) I love it...meeting needs/showing the love of Jesus in a practical way :) :) Thanks for leaving me a comment today. Have a great weekend. Love and hugs, Heather :)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

@Carol Mae...thank you for leaving me a comment..:) :) I always love it when you come to visit :) :) :) Love and hugs, Heather :)