Monday, January 30, 2012

MY FATHER AND YARD SALE TREASURES

Hi everyone,

My dad returned home from the VA last Thursday. I was really happy to see him. Here is a pic of my father and I together. A friend of the family picked him up at the VA and brought him home :) :) She kindly took the photo for us. Here it is:






























THIS IS MY FATHER AND I JUST A FEW MINUTES AFTER HE CAME HOME.  NOTICE THE SMIRK ON  HIS FACE? I THINK MY DADDY WILL BE JUST FINE.


When I saw my father pull into the parking lot with our family friend, I started jumping up and down and clapping. I was so happy to have my father back home. Even the dog could tell something was different about that day, because she kept sniffing around the house looking for him. When my dad walked through the door, the dog's tail started wagging so fast, you could have used it as a fan :) Isn't my daddy handsome? 

Oh, just a sidenote, in this photo I have lost a total of 60 pounds. You can't tell very much, because I've had that faux suede blouse since BEFORE I started my healthy living/weight loss journey.

I was having a bit of cabin fever and wanted to get out of the house this weekend. My friend P. told me that she had some errands to run. I asked if I could come along. She said yes.  Then we were coming back to the house to watch Downton Abbey on Netflix.  So we found a yard sale on the way home, and yes, I bought two things. Here's a look at what I found...all for $2.25.

The first item was a super cute satin pink pajama set for $2. It actually fits me. I washed it and now I feel really pretty and feminine when I go to bed :) Here is a glimpse of the fabric:






























THE PAJAMA BLOUSE IS A REALLY BEAUTIFUL PINK DAMASK STRIPED TOP. THE PAJAMA PANTS ARE JUST PLAIN PINK SATIN. I REALLY LIKE THIS SET BECAUSE IT'S PINK. WHEN I WEAR IT, I FEEL REALLY FRILLY AND FEMININE.






























The next item was just a small Christmas item that I spotted. This was only $0.25.  It's actually a dark green pillow with an embroidered center that was hand-stitched. It says "Christ is Born!" I gave this to my father, because I knew he would LOVE IT...and he does. It's sitting on his desk, in front of some books.

I'm working on a pair of socks for my aunt's really, really , really late Christmas present. I started them back in November. So when I actually finished them, I'll post a photo for you and maybe a tutorial, too, in case you want to make a pair for yourself :) 

That's the news from the ocean shores of California today...speaking of which, the weather has been a really interesting mix of sunshine/rainy clouds today.  I really like it a lot. Love and hugs, Heather :)

20 comments:

Carissa Anne said...

This is precious!!!! Praise God!!!

What a beautiful picture of Daughter and Father!!! I'm so happy for you.

Please take care.

Love Carissa

Becky said...

WHEW! Without my reading glasses on I ready that the two items cost $225 no 2 dollars and 25 cents! I was wondering what on Earth kind of yard sale you found. lol So glad your Dad is home and looking so chipper.

Victorianlady8 said...

Dearest Heather, I am so happy for you that your Father is safely with you! God bless him! Thank you also for sharing the finds and the picture of you and Congratulations on your healthy living and weight loss!!!! Praise the Lord!!! Sending you love, Karen

Patti said...

I am SO glad your dad is home. It was a privilege and blessing to have been part of the praying force that brought the Lord's healing to him. To God be the glory!!

It is definitley not yard sale season here yet. At least 2 more months, maybe 3. I am definitely ready!!

I love Downton Abbey. We own Season 1 and will be purchasing Season 2 just as soon as it is released. I haven't watched last night's episode yet...it's on the DVR and will probably be watched tomorrow with my daughter.

Have a lovely evening.

Love,
Patti

Beth said...

Heather, So glad your dad is doing better. You are a good looking father and daughter! Congrats on your weight loss. You seem to be full of joy and peace, Heather.
Hugs, Beth

ShabbyESP said...

What great news that your father is home now!!!!
Very nice picture of you and your dad.
Congrats on your weight loss!! And the healthy life style. I need to look into that....
Have a great day and so happy your dad is home.
Suzann ~xoxo~

Patty Sumner said...

You are right, your Father is a handsome man. I am so glad he is doing well. I can tell he is a very strong willed individual. God is good! Congrats on the weight loss. That is great! Tell us more about this and how you succeeded so well. Very warm weather here.....totally unusual. Blessings and give your dad a big blessings hug....

Sue said...

I am so happy your Father is back home, Heather, and I am so proud of you for staring this new healthy lifestyle , you look great! and so does your dad.
Your treasures are pretty too.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Sue

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

YAY!! Glad your dad is home, sounds like the dog is very happy too. That's a wonderful picture of you two!

Oh girl, I am so envious of you to be around all that sunshine and warmth! No garage sales around here and we won't see any for another few months. =[ I'm itching to go, hehe. Love your goodies you found. I'm sure the pj's are so comfy.

Blessings to you my friend~

Under Her Wings said...

You both look so happy in that picture, Heather. And congratulations on your weight loss! That's quite an accomplishment. Keep up the good work.

Jenn said...

I have to admit..I too am slightly envious that you get to venture out to some yard sales in the sunshine! It is a snowy day here in Maine. It's been a mild winter, but I'm really looking forward to yard sale season :) :)

You look beautiful! I love reading your posts and am always looking forward to them! Dad looks great too! What a sweet gift you got for him!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your aunt's socks!

Blessings,

Jenn

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Heather,
I am so happy that your beloved dad is back home again! Great photo of the two of you!
You found yourself some lovely things for so little money. A very happy post. Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kailyn Medeiros said...

Hi Heather,
I got your comment on my post. I was nervous when I first opened my Etsy shop but thankfully Etsy is pretty easy to use and there are a lot of great articles / blogs that can help if you get stuck on something. Etsy charges 20 cents per item you post so if sales are slow you aren't losing that much.
Good Luck!

Sonia said...

Heather,
You are the sweetest. Thank you for coming to visit at Creating Vintage Charm blog. So glad your dad is home an well. Stay well...Hugs!!
Sonia XO

A Primitive Homestead said...

Wonderful photo of you two together. So happy for you both to be together & at home once again. Praise be to God. Blessings!
Lara

Rebecca said...

Thankful to see your father back home. What a lovely setting, by the way. Your "finds" are lovely, too!

Jill said...

Great picture of you and your Dad! So happy to hear he is home! :-) I LOVE Downton Abby, I watched all the first season on Netflix and have been hooked on the other episodes in season 2. :-) Have a lovely week!

Blessings,
Jill

Amber said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for your comment on my blog! Praise God that your father is better and is home now! And congrats on the weight loss! That is great! Many blessings to you!

Annesphamily said...

Your dad looks handsome and he is a character! I can pick 'em out! Hee Hee! You two are very beautiful. I am happy for you both. Your dad looks so well cared for! The photo is just sensational! Love to you! Hugs Anne

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Heather,
I am so glad for you and your Dad that he is recovering so nicely!! He looks great and CONGRATS to you on losing 60 lbs.!!!! I am so impressed. I think I will have to suture my mouth shut to do that!! How did you do it????
I have lost about 10 pounds since I have not been feeling well and I can see what a difference it makes in how I feel beside that stomach problem that I am now having. I do hope to lose more and once I feel better, start going to the gym at work which only costs a mere $35 a month!
You are an inspiration with your weight loss!!
I hope you find a job soon and Dad keeps on getting better and stronger!
Thanks so much for your visits and always so kind comments!!

Hugs,
Deb