Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DADDY UPDATE

Hi everyone,

I'll try and write some more later today, but I wanted to give you all a short update on my father.  He is getting better a little bit every day. Yesterday the nurses removed the tube in his mouth. That was great, because my dad didn't like the tube at all.  He can follow basic commands and he knows who I am. He now knows where he is and what happened to him, although in a really basic form.  I think when he is more alert, if he asks me details, I'll tell him what happened, since I was there.  I'm going to go visit him again today, to see how he is doing.  Thanks so much for your prayers !!!! They mean a lot to me :) :) That's the news from the ocean shores of California this morning. Love and hugs, Heather :)

12 comments:

Parsley said...

Thank you for the update. Hope he continues to improve.

Sharon said...

Oh Heather,

Thank you for the update. I am SO GLAD to hear that your Dad is doing better. Praise God!!!! Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers to you and your family!

Love,
Sharon

Patti said...

I'm glad he is improving...will continue to pray for him. You sound like you are holding up well. I guess all that prayer for God's peace and strength is upholding you.

By the way, did they ever determine what caused the episode? I know you said it was not a heart attack.

Love and hugs,
Patti

Faye Henry said...

My goodness, Heather .. A lot can happen in such a short time.. So glad that your Dad is doing better.. We will certainly be lifting him up in prayer..
God bless..

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Glad you dad is doing better! Hugs and prayers across the miles but close in heart!

A Primitive Homestead said...

It is good to hear your Dads awake & knows you. Remember to get some rest for yourself. Your in my thoughts & continued prayer for you all. Blessings!
Lara

aimee said...

Glad to hear the good news:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

So glad to hear!! I've been worried about him and you too. I'll keep praying!

Sheila said...

Heather,
I'm so sorry to read about your dad but I'm so glad that he is improving. Y'all have my prayers. Take care.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Heather,
Sweetie, know that i am praying for you and your Dad!

Hugs and Love,
Deb

Flat Creek Farm said...

Thanks for the update, Heather. Sending up prayers for continued improvement! Hugs, Tammy

Annesphamily said...

Prayers for your daddy!