Saturday, December 4, 2010

My 365 Day Photo Challenge Photoso for Saturday - November 27th till Friday - December 3rd, 2010

Hi everyone....oh, tea...I forgot again...I was going to do a late post and it just isn't happening. HOWEVER, I do have something all ready for this coming Tuesday...It's really cool and I think it'll make up for last week.

Oh guess what else? I found out my dad reads my blog on a regular basis and he thinks it's just the cutest thing. He told me today he's waiting for the next installment :) :) Okay...here are my photos for this  week's portion of the "365 day photo challenge" :) :)
Saturday - November 27th, 2010 The beginning of those "toasted almond" socks that I was knitting.

I finished the socks Thursday night and wore them to work on Friday. My feet were really nice and toasty warm. I knit the cuff large on purpose. Now the next pair, I'll knit the cuff much more form fitting. My socks came out beautiful, but the cuff was slouching a little bit. I'll show a finished picture sometime this week :)
Sunday - November 28th, 2010. (photo actually taken on Saturday)

This is just one of the many views I see as I'm coming into Ashland, Oregon. It's such a cute little town...and I always LOVE to come here for a visit.  My favorite knitting shop is here, so there is ALWAYS a good reason to make the drive down here :)
Monday - November 29th, 2010  (also taken last Saturday)

This is one of three Queen Anne style houses/Bed & Breakfast places in Ashland, Oregon. These are up on a hill...and a little hard to get a photo of from the main street here in town. This was the best photo I could get. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these types of houses  and would love to have one of my own someday. If I ever find the backstreets, I'll get some better photos ;) :)

Tuesday - November 30th, 2010 (also taken last Saturday)

This is the last place to get a good cup of coffee "tax free" before entering Ashland's city limits. Ashland has a 5% restaurant tax. That includes all fast food and coffee purchased at drive-thru coffee stands. Strange, I know. I think that is the only city in the entire state of Oregon that has that kind of a tax.  You can see Dutch Bros in the front and  The Human Bean a little further back.

Monday - December 1st, 2010.

I do love me some Oregon mountains and grey skies ;) :) :) I never get tired of this scenery. So you'll probably see lots of similar photos up here on my blog from time to time :) :) :) There's something majestic and mighty about these mountains!

Thursday - December 2nd, 2010 (actually taken on Wednesday)

My dad hung up my house for me while I was at work on Friday.  I still haven't cleaned it yet. My housekeeping skills are really shameful when it comes to this item. However, I did pile some random items up there, just to see how I like it. I like it a LOT. What do you think?  I might try to mix up some of the pieces to make it  more varied. However, it's really cool to see more decoration up on the walls. Random objects of loveliness are always a necessity :)


Friday - December 3rd, 2010

I really love it when the skies take on this blue/black tint. It's only for a few minutes between when the sun goes down and the skies turn completely dark for the night. It's really pretty!!! What's your favorite time of day, if you were to pick a time?

I started another pair of socks out of this crazy/brightly colored Noro sock yarn. It's so much fun to knit with because the colors are so bright. My dad looks at these socks and smiles. I'm wondering if it reminds him of the sixties somehow!!! Not sure. Maybe I'll ask him . Thanks for your prayer about work. It's a challenging environment. My coworkers are awesome. Friday I kept humming "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" to myself while I was working at the computer. It kept me sane and happy :) :) Oh, I'm thinking about opening  a store to sell some of my knitted items. It would just be for fun.  If you have your own Etsy, eBay or  personal website for your items, what has been your experiences with that?  Well, that's the news from Oregon today.  Bonus love and hugs, Heather :)

6 comments:

Gerry's Soap N Stuff said...

Hi Heather,

I never tire of your beautiful surroundings. I love the mountains, as you probably know, I have told you that enough I think. I love that you can knit socks! I cannot do knit them, just dishcloths and maybe a scarf.

Come over and visit sometimes.

Gerry

Mrs. Paul said...

I agree whole heartedly with your Dad - your blog is the cutest thing ever Heather. I so enjoy keeping up with all your fun activities you post. I can only knit a dishrag like Gerry so am envious over your socks : )
Hugs and blessings from Arizona,
Dorothy

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Heather, Your blog is always full of fun and goodness!!! I hope you are having a beautiful weekend...and I love that little house!!!!
XO

Jill said...

I love the pictures of the Quenn Anne style homes as well, gorgeous!
I really think you should open an etsy shop, you are quite talented!
love all your pictures too. Do you do any scrapbooking? You would be great at it.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Jill

Beth said...

Heather, I enjoyed the mini-tour of Ashland. The blue Queen Anne is really pretty. Love the mountain views too. Looking forward to seeing more of your knitting projects and your tea party!
Hugs, Beth

Julia said...

This is where I live! :D