Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My 23rd Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday & Tea Time Tuesday for December 21st

Hi everyone. How are you? I'm doing well. My tea offering is very humble today.  However, before I get to that...I sat in front of the tv last night making a nearly 16 pound batch of homemade laundry powder. My pink ZOTE soap finally arrived in the mail the other day...so I had to try it. I'll be posting about this late tonight.

Okay, here is my humble offering for the week. I actually found this plate at a yard sale about 2 months ago. However, due to surprise gifts from friends etc...I kept pushing this back until today :) :) Here is what I found. It's an orphan.
I must have paid $2 for this. Definitely not more than that. When I saw this plate it reminded me so much of some similar items that many of you ladies have already in your homes :) :) Isn't it  beautiful with lots of detail? I LOVE the color red..and pink..and ...:) :)

Here's a closer photo of the detail on the plate. If you look really carefully you can see a young woman wearing a hat. She's sitting near the little stream with ducks swimming nearby. I love this quaint little scene. In fact, this makes me want to hop on a plane right now and fly to Great Britain!!!
I did actually clean and wash this plate before I took the photos. There are still some dirty spots on the backstamp. However, isn't this just about the prettiest backstamp you've ever seen? I think the prettiest one so far is on my little teacup that looks like it could have been made in the 1920s...

Here is a close up of the lovely detail on the rim of the plate. Oh, this plate is packed full of wonderful detail.   All of it is in varying shades of red!!!  Now I think I'll need to test a nice baked goody on this plate and report back to you ladies  next week about this :) :) Have a lovely day. May God give you the grace to  get through your days. I know that you are a huge encouragement to me!!! That's the news from Oregon today. Love and hugs, Heather :)

5 comments:

Penny said...

What a beautiful pattern.
My sisters and I love to find, and use, old dinnerware pieces. None of us have a theme we just buy whatever catches our fancy.

P.S. Thanks for becoming a follower. =)

Lebenslust was sonst said...

Liebe Heather!Oh wie schön ist dein Geschirr,ich liebe dieses Porzelan.Ich habe davon das Speise und Kaffeegeschirr,ich zeige es oft in meinen Blog weil ich es sehr gerne habe.
Ich wünsche dir ein schönes besinnliches Weihnachtsfest,und alles Gute für das Neue Jahr.Edith.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Heather,
I LOVE your pretty plate! I do adore red transferware so it is very appealing to me! I'm glad you found such a pretty plate. Thank you for joining me for tea and please link up to my post before the time expires. I am using the inlinkz this week. My son helped me with it so it made my job easier this week. Wishing you and your family a lovely holiday season.

CHRISTmas blessings,
Sandi

Junibears said...

I love your pretty plate, such a lovely old world English village scene.
have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs June xx

saltbox
treasures
said...

Hi. Visiting from the tea party. Lovely plate! I love anything with toile!
Merry Christmas!
~ Julie