Tuesday, May 10, 2011

HEALTHY LIVING AND A NEW OPPORTUNITY

Hi everyone,
I was going to share my recipes for easy chili and beef stroganoff today. Nope. I'll put that off till tomorrow :) :) Both of them are recipes that I found in my Gooseberry Patch cookbook called "Dinners on a Dime" It's a great cookbook for me right now.

 THIS IS A SNOWBALL BUSH THAT I SAW NEAR THE OFFICE AT MY APARTMENT COMPLEX.  I'LL POST ANOTHER PHOTO AT THE END OF THIS BLOG POST.







I spotted this snowball bush when I was going to the apartment manager's office. My father had to copy some documents  he needs in order to get financial assistance with our electric bill.  Our landlady is really nice and helped him out.  While there, I saw this lovely bush. The maintenance guys, Bob and Tim , said it's called a  "snowball bush". It does look like floral snowballs, right?

Okay, so back to the topic at hand. As most of you probably know, I'm really working on being healthier, eating healthier etc. I have inflammatory bowel disease, specifically ulcerative proctitis. So one day I came across a book called "The Maker's Diet" by Jordan Rubin. Actually, my father purchased it at our local Christian bookstore. Who knows why at the time. Although, I think God knew why. About 13 years ago, Jordan Rubin was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Through a process of changing his eating habits, he was able to reverse that and has been in re mission since that time. So I thought, "Wow, if this helped him. It can surely help me." That's the short version of it.

He's written quite a few books. He also has a health foods product company called Garden of Life. Oh, and if that wasn't enough, he has a new healthy foods company called Beyond Organic. What he's doing to provide beyond organic healthy foods at a reasonable price is amazing. I just love, love, love his philosphy on healthy eating and living. In fact, he and his wife have a ranch in Missouri where they're raising beyond organic cattle etc.

In any case, my friend over at The Maker's Diet Mom told me about a neat opportunity that Jordan Rubin was offering to people for free. His new company, Beyond Organic Insider is launching in October 2011. However, right now, he's offering a chance for people to sign up for FREE if they want to learn  more about  healthy living, having access to really good food at good prices, helping others etc. There's no obligation. It's completely free right now.

So it's definitely something that is perfect for me  and right up my alley. So I joined. I'm nervous and excited. It's a good nervous and excited.  Here's the link if you'd like to join for free right now. I did ask my friend if I can sign up just for myself and she said yes. So that was also perfect for me. Jordan Rubin will be on TBN's  "Praise the Lord" program tomorrow talking about this. You'll have to check your local listings or the internet to find out if it's available in your area

Friends, I'm so excited about this because I want to live healthier. Also, it's been a real good thing for me in this season of unemployment. It's a bright spot. So from that perspective, I'm really looking forward to what opportunities this will open up. Be in prayer about it. I'd love to have you join. I think this is going to be a neat  thing. However, I want it to be something you feel God is leading you to do. It is for me. Whether you sign up or not, is perfectly OKAY :) :) I just want to let you all know what I'm up to today :)  So here's the link again, if you'd like to join for free. Click here for the link.


THIS IS A PHOTO OF THE SNOWBALL BLOOMS UP CLOSE. IT REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE ITS NAME, DOESN'T IT?

That's the news from Oregon today. Love and hugs, Heather :)

p.s. I'm not sure if this opportunity is available outside of the USA or not. I'll find out as soon as I can.

4 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Heather,
Snowball bushes are lovely, aren't they? We have them here too. Jordan Rubin's diet is well known and very healthy. I wish you much success with it! Thanks for your visit the other day and have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Astrids dragon said...

Thanks for sharing, you can't go wrong with healthy living!
That is a beautiful snowball bush, nice picture.

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing this Heather! I am always interested in healthy living and new ideas! These bushes are beautiful! I took one today as well and posted it on my blog. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Blessings,
Jill

Kim B said...

That is a beautiful bush! I need to eat healthier myself. Hope you are having a good week. Hugs, Kim