Tuesday, March 29, 2011

MY 27TH TEACUP AND TEA THINGS TUESDAY & TEA TIME TUESDAY

Hi everyone, Wow, last week was an "event" for me. I mentioned in an earlier post that my computer hard-drive crashed. So my father and I were without a computer for FIVE days. It was a struggle for sure. It also made me realize how dependent I am on the internet. Everything is in working order now. It's time for a little tea. I brought a friend today :) :)
MEET MY PINK STUFFED KITTY CAT, MR. KITTY. MR. KITTY IS MOST PLEASED TO MEET YOU TODAY.

I invited a long time precious stuffed toy of mine for tea. Meet Mr. Kitty. I literally stitched him together when I was in kindergarten with a real  needle and thread. I have very clear memories of  sewing Mr. Kitty together. Although Mr. Kitty is a bit sensitive when I talk about that. So, he just likes being known as a cute pink kitty cat ;) :) :) I invited Mr. Kitty over for tea today . Since there is an obvious difference in height, Mr. Kitty was allowed to have tea on the dining table :) Mr. Kitty was concerned about the size of the tea cup.  So I decided to use that teacup for my tea today.

MR. KITTY  PREFERS TO USE A DEMITASSE WHEN HE HAS TEA  !!!

 Mr. Kitty was a bit concerned that the previous teacup would be too much for him. So we decided that a lovely German demitasse with matching saucer was just the thing. Mr. Kitty is very, very pleased with the new  teacup. Demitasses are perfect for pink stuffed kitty cats :) :) :) Oh, Mr. Kitty was so excited to meet you all today, he forgot to take actual tea.  Well, there is always next week. I told Mr. Kitty he could bring a friend. So there may be another guest or two next week :) :) :)

 Thanks for stopping by for tea and a lovely visit. If you have any ideas of how I can clean Mr. Kitty, let me know. I made him when I was five years old. Now I'm 30-something. I don't want to ruin Mr. Kitty's markings.  That's the news from Oregon today. Extra special tea time love and hugs, Heather :)

13 comments:

Parsley said...

Cute tea cup! Enjoy!

Becky said...

Lovely tea and welcome Mr Kitty!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Sweet tea post, Heather!
Isn't it amazing how much we rely on computers???

Sharon said...

Heather,

Mr. Kitty is adorable! How sweet that you stitched him back in Kindergarten, such fun memories :)

Glad you are back online, we can certainly be too dependent with the computer can't we :)

Have a blessed day!
~Sharon

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What memories you must have of Mr. Kitty. I'm sure he enjoyed his tea in that lovely teacup!
I had computer problems over the weekend too but with the help of our middle son, all is well now. Hope your week is going well!

Blessings,
Sandi

Patti said...

I am SO disappointed...my internet filter is STILL blocking 95% of photos...bsically anything uploaded through Blogspot. I can get Photo Bucket things, but nothing through Blogger...which means I can't see the adorable Mr. Kitty :(

I hope all is well for you.

Love,
Patti

Kim B said...

What a sweet kitty you made so many years ago. Pretty tea cup. We were without the internet for 3 days due to our move and it was horrible. I couldnt believe we used to live without it. Hugs, Kim

aimee said...

Nice to meet you Mr Kitty! I am glad to know that you like tea too:)
Have a great eve both of you!
Blessings,
Aimee

Mary S, said...

Hi, Heather: Hope Mr. Kitty makes a return visit. I like when he lets us know what is on his mind through you. I can just picture a childrens book similar to The Velveteen Rabbit. Dang, Heather, you're good! Hey, did you ever find that pattern for making a cover for a sofa? I am pretty sure it was you. My new Sofa is being attacked daily by Mr. Sun an if I don't cover it soon, the color will vanish. Look around, it has to be there some where. Lucky you to still have your dad too. I miss my dad and mom. I am old so they would be 108 if they were here.Love your blog. Mary S.

Beth said...

I liked meeting Mr. Kitty, and both your tea cups are cute as can be!
Beth

Rebecca said...

Well, "Hello, Kitty!"

Camille said...

Sweet post Heather. :) How precious that you still have that kitty from your childhood. Hmmm...washing him? If the markings were made with washable stuff it may not be wise...if they are permanent, I would hand wash in cold and hang to dry. Maybe test on little spot first to see if the markings leave. :)

Many blessings,
Camille

Nancy said...

Hi Heather! I hope you are doing well! Mr. Kitty is absolutely adorable and precious!! It's so wonderful that you still have a toy that you made when you were a child! Hope you have a great night!
Nancy xx :D