Saturday, November 20, 2010

Photos for the week of Saturday - November 13th till Friday - November 19th.

Hi everyone..... brrrrr, it's chilly  in Oregon today...so chilly, that I have finally turned the heat on!!!  I'm currently in the midst of drying my laundry. So when my alarm goes off, I'll have to run out and get it. "Why?" you ask...I live in an apartment complex with a seperate laundry room :) :) Oh, I threw in my favorite heavy sweatshirt...because as soon as that baby is dry, I' ll put it on and be warm and fuzzy happy :) :) Here are my photos for the past week...

Saturday - November 13th, 2010  My father and I went to get some coffee at The Human Bean...well, just for me actually, however on the way home we stopped for this...about 1 dozen ducks taking their sweet time crossing the road.

There's a little stream off to the right of this photo and they hopped out of that water and duck waddled across the street. That would explain why the car in front of us suddenly stopped. There was a car coming the other direction that was driving way too fast...My dad furiously honked the horn and got the driver's attention...and possibly saved the lives of those feathery friends :)

Sunday - November 14th, 2010.  It was such a cold, rainy day....and when the clouds roll in , you can't see nada...not even my favorite  mountain is visible in this photo.

I'm not even sure what my father and I were doing this particular morning. However, on a Sunday it usually involves coffee and the newspaper. Hmm...I should probably subscribe to the newspaper :)


Monday - November 15th, 2010. Another knitting project in progress...Any guesses what it will be?  I'll post a final pic once they're finished ;)

This particular yarn that I'm using is called Zauber Ball. It's a German yarn that's 75% wool and 25% nylon...I think...I normally don't knit with anything that has acrylic in it. However, in cases like this, it's great for making socks...or in this case...this lovely item :) :) I LOVE this yarn. They have some amazing color choices with the color transitions being so subtle, you don't even notice anything until four or five color transitions into your knitting.


Tuesday - November 16th, 2010 Another really fun  mystery dishcloth project over at  Rachel's Knitting Corner.

You can find the instructions for this month's current project over at Rachel's Knitting Corner. The link to her blog is under my profile page ;) :) :)  I'll make sure and post a hyperlink to her site later tonight, too. Oh, this project is fun...and I've never knit a circle before...so this has the potential to be just about any size I want to make it :) :) :)


Wednesday - November 17th, 2010  There's a light dusting of snow on the mountain.  Hmm...I wonder if we'll see any on the floor this year :) :)

I think this could be a light winter in terms of snow. It's really hard to say. One thing is for sure...it's C-O-L-D. Now's the time to break out all those comfy quilts and flannel :) :)


Thursday - November 18th, 2010 The clouds hovering over the mountains are so mighty.

I actually took this photo the same day as the previous photo. It's amazing..and I notice the clouds seem to roll in the same way every time the weather turns really cold and chilly.


Friday - November 19th, 2010. This photo was actually taken today(Saturday - November 20th)...but it was so cute, I had to include it in this weeks photos.

I'll have more on this advertisement later. It's actually the backside of a 1940s Singer sewing book that was purchased at a yard sale today for $0.50...and this one had some really interesting sewing instructions :) :) :)

Well, it's really chilly outside today. The mail came today and it was rather sparse...an advertisement for Joann's Fabrics and mail-order catalog. Although, I'll have to take a look-see through the Joann's advertisement...because there might be a really good coupon for some fabric!!!  It's super chilly and now it's time to pick my laundry up from the dryer..Oh, this worked out well...NOw I'm going to have a warm, comfy sweatshirt to put on. That's the news from Oregon today. Love and hugs, Heather :)

1 comment:

Annesphamily said...

You should knit a vap for AngelDawn. Come visit me and see her story at Nezzys and Marydon and Sherrys blogs. I am the sewing and quit clueless woman! Hee Hee!
I was hoping to recruit everyone to pitch in so a quilt could be put together for AngelDawn. Please come visit soon. Enjoy your weekend! Anne