Wednesday, June 1, 2011

UPDATE AND BUILDING OUR HOMES TOGETHER

HI everyone,

How are you this week? I'm doing well. I'm sorry I haven't posted anything this last week. I share the computer with my dad. So it's not always possible to post as often as I'd like :) :) Quick update, I  purchased a mini food processor at a yard sale aw hile back for $2. Plus I bought the ingredients for avocado ice cream today. I will make another batch of avocado ice cream today, then blog about it tomorrow :)


 THIS SCRIPTURE PICTURE IS COURTESY OF PRAIRIE FLOWER FARM. PLEASE LINDA A VISIT AND SAY HELLO.  TELL HER THAT I SENT YOU OVER THERE :) YOU WILL REALLY ENJOY  YOUR STAY AT THE FARM.

That leads me to my next thing. My sweet friend Linda over at Prairie Flower Farm is starting this really cool series on Wednesdays. It's called "Building Our Homes Together". Click on that title and pay her a visit. Read up on what it's all about. I'm really excited about this because I want to have a home that is full of hospitality/love. When people come to visit, I want them to leave happier than when they arrived. Does that make sense? Also, I just need some real motivation for making my home a lovely place for my family. Right now, that's just my father and myself.

I'll be posting my entry for "Building Our Homes Together" on Thursday. So keep your eyes out for that one. If you would like to join in the fun, I know Linda would love it ;) :) It will be really neat.

That's the news from Oregon today. Love and hugs, Heather

4 comments:

Camille said...

Dear Heather ~ Avocado Ice Cream?? I will be interested to see what that's all about...hmmm...I *love* avocadoes and ice cream...never had them together though. :) How wonderful that Linda is hosting *Building our Homes Together*...what a lovely idea! May the LORD use us all in our homes to bring glory to HIS Wonderful Name!

Many blessings to you!
Camille

Kim B said...

Building a loving home mus begin with the Lord and center around hime. Lord knows I have tried other ways. I love ice cream....I had some strawberry today, not homemade but still tastey! Hope you are having a super nice day. Hugs, Kim

A Primitive Homestead said...

I purchased the magazine with the icecream recipe. I want to try the bean salad recipe. Was wondering if you tryed it to. I will stop by for your building homes post. Blessings!
Lara

aimee said...

Your comment about sharing the computer with your dad made me smile because I share a laptop with my husband and don't usually get to use it till really late:) Hence the posts and comments made at wierd hours!!
Have a wonderful rest of the week Heather! God bless you:)
Aimee