Friday, February 11, 2011

THOSE CRAZY KUREYON SOCKS!!!

Hi everyone, I had spent some time yesterday and today preparing my post, but I couldn't get my "crafty girls" font. So I deleted it. Now I'm starting over.  oh, you may be wondering why all the festivities today? Well, my sweet friend Parsley over at Seasons of My Mind is have a crazy sock party :) :) When I read about this, I immediately knew this was for me :) Click here to pay Parsley a visit. Let her know that I sent you.
This is a sock yarn from a company called Noro. They are based in Japan and have such a wide variety of colorful and variegated yarns. It really is amazing. This particular sock yarn line is called "Kureyon" It looks a bit like the colors of punch or food dye. That's okay. Once in awhile I need some serious doses of color in my life :)

These are the socks from my perspective. Each sock was knit slightly different. It was definitely not what I intended at first. however, the end result is still a lot of fun :) :) I'm standing on top of my down comforter that I purchased at the thrift store. The carpet in my apartment is what I affectionately call "pooh brown"..sorry, there's no other word for it :) :) You wouldn't have been able to see the bright colors :) Yes, yes , it's true...I'm wearing electric purple velour pants. Very wild. My dad says anyone can find me in the dark if I wear these. That's fine with me. It makes me laugh and they are comfy.

I hope you had fun today at my crazy sock party :) :) Oh, I e-filed my taxes last Friday. My federal tax return came today!!!! So I'm going to help my dad  pay a couple of bills, getting a long overdue cut/color, brow wax and maybe a new piece of clothing :) :) Thanks for visiting me.

Oh, and I've noticed the new followers, too :) :) Welcome to my blog. Please, please, let me know how you found me. I'd love to know where all my visitors come from :) :) That's the news from Oregon today. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

11 comments:

Parsley said...

Those are some happy, crazy socks! Thanks for sharing the smiles, Heather!

Nancy said...

Great socks! Have a wonderful time getting your hair done and going shopping!
Nancy xx :D

Jill said...

Awesome socks!!! Me and my girls would just love a pair!! We're all about warm and awesome socks! :-)

Thanks for your kind words about my daughter's food allergy post. To answer your question, no it's not a mostly vegan diet. We just have to be careful and very creative with recipes. I'm hoping Tuesday brings us good news.

Thank you for your prayers!

P.S. I think the pants are cool too! Enjoy the time for yourself with your tax return! You deserve it!

Blessings,
Jill

Camille said...

Fun socks Heather! I'm into comfort too...no shame in that! Yaaay for comfy! :)

Your new font is fun too.

Congrats on that tax return...that feels good, doesn't it? Enjoy!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Camille

Anonymous said...

LOVE those socks--so cool!! Glad to hear you got your tax return so quickly---that is always a blessing!
Blessings,
Aimee

Peggy Lee said...

Love those socks...AND the font!

Becca said...

Love the socks better than the font unfortunately as it's a bit harder to read. Sorry to be the lone voice of dissent here. Perhaps something in between your previous font and this one? Since I don't have a blog, I don't know how difficult these things are to organise. Otherwise, I find your blog one of the most aesthetically-pleasing on the net with its colour, beautiful china & your commentary. You seem to have such a lovely, sunny personality and to be eternally optimistic! I found you through Rhonda's down to earth blog (isn't she, & her blog wonderful) Blessings from South Africa.

Junibears said...

Wonderful socks Heather! Wish I could knit like that. My Mum used to do all of our knitting.
Have a great weekend,

Sheila said...

Love the socks--if I have to wear socks and shoes, I prefer my socks to be unique!!! Now if I could just learn to make my own--I have made one pair--top down. I want to learn the toe-up method. The colors looks so vibrant in kureyon yarn. I'll have to look for some. I hope you and your father have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

Becky said...

LOVE the socks!

Annesphamily said...

Love those socks! Anne