Saturday, September 29, 2012

I GOT A JOB. I GOT A JOB.
































This is a vintage truck that I saw in the parking lot of the local mall. It's so cool. Nothing compares to vintage vehicles. They have so much style and character.

Hi everyone,

How are you all doing? It has been a LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG time since I last posted something here.

Well, let's see. I got a job. It's a part-time job here at a well-known department store. I'm so excited.  There is the possibility of picking up extra shifts when available, which is really nice. It also means that I am one step closer to being completely off of public assistance. It's scary and exhilirating all at the same time.  I've been grateful for the help, because without it my family would have really suffered. However, it'll be nice to slowly be back to a place where I can "be my own boss" in terms of my money etc :) :) :)

I also became a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant and I'm really excited about that, too.  So if you have any questions about that, please send me a private email :) :) I can ship anywhere in the United States.

What else? I"m pursuing my photography a little bit more. That's really neat. I'm  looking into seeing what I can do to earn some extra $$$ from all of that.

I am also going to get braces. I'm paying for that out of my own pocket since I don't have health insurance. However, God is making it possible for me to do this. My dentist and my orthodontist are aware of my situation and have been really bending over backwards to work with me. Did I mention how thankful I am that God is making this all possible?

Oh, and I'm taking my "behind the wheel" driver test on Friday, October 5th at 2:30 p.m Pacific Standard Time. Please pray for me that I"ll pass.  It has been a really difficult couple of months in my personal life. I'd written about it twice and then deleted the posts, because I didn't want a reason to dwell on those bad things.  However, God has been really, really good to me...and so many things are happening all at once :) :)

With that, I leave you all with this photo. This is me, how I look now after having lost 87 pounds. I rarely post photos of myself, but I like this one:








































That really is the news from the ocean shores of California today. Extra love and hugs, Heather :)

9 comments:

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Heather, Congratulations on the new job! I hope it works out for you. You are looking great my friend. Keep it up. Hang in there, my friend. Life has some bumps in the road but God is always there for you so turn to Him for help. Hugs and blessings!

aimee said...

Hi, Heather~
Good to hear from you again! I was just thinking about you this eve.
Congrats on your new job and weight loss! Is that a new hair style too? I really like it!
Glad things have gotten better for you-it seems like we all go through the wilderness at times and it certainly is not fun!
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Wishing you well with your photography...

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Congratulations!

Becky said...

CONGRATS! on the job AND the weight loss... looking good girlie!

Susan said...

Heather,

Love the old truck :D

Congrats on all of your success in the different areas of your life. It has been fun/interesting to see all that God has done in your life in the past year or so. Keep up the great work! You are a beautiful person, inside and out ;D

Love and hugs,

Susan Montgomery

Beth said...

Heather, I am SO happy for you! Love your photo; you look absolutely stunning. The dress, the pearls, the hair...elegant! Congrats on your job and your wt. loss. Good going!
God bless, Beth

Annesphamily said...

You are so beautiful Heather! I was a MaryKay consultant for years. I will have to save my pennies so I can buy a set of Satin Hands from you! There is nothing like it really! Hands down, no pun intended, it is A M A Z I N G ! Your hands really do feel like satin!

Hugs Anne

Camille said...

You have done a great job with the weight loss Heather! Well done! You look healthy and well. Your hairstyle suits you. And, yippeee for the job! What a blessing from the LORD! And...driving test...whoa...good for you! Hang in there and keep looking to the LORD each step of the way. HE is Faithful and will guide you as you look to Him. What a blessing it is to call Him Father.

Have a wonderful day!
Many Blessings,
Camille

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Heather, such a lovely post filled with all sorts of wonderful things happening in your life! What an awesome testimony that you are living out for God and I know you will use it to glorify Him. So happy for you, my beautiful sister in Christ~