Sunday, July 15, 2012

INDEPENDENCE DAY PHOTO CONTEST

Hi everyone,
I am entering this super fun, super cool photo contest over at the "Have an Epiphanie" blog. If you love really cool photo stuff and the coolest, most stylish photography bags EV-AH...then click here and pay these nice folks a visit.

We were asked to post one photo that speaks to us of our Independence Day.  This is my favorite photo out of all the pics that I took on July 4th. In fact, I shared this photo in a previous post. This photo was actually taken on July 2nd, as the city was getting ready for the 4th of July parade.

This is a photo of Colton Hall in Monterey, California. Monterey has a HUGE historical significance in the Spanish and Mexican periods...and also in the American period.  We are getting ready to celebrate another year of independence...and I don't know about you, but it feels really good ;) :)

Colton Hall is where the very first constitution for the State of California was signed. It also served as a school in the early 20th century. That bit of information I learned from my 80-something year old neighbor, whose mother went to school there.

Here's my entry for Independence in July :) :) Enjoy:

































That's the news from the ocean shores of California today. Extra love and hugs to your day, Heather

3 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

That is one beautiful photo.

Rebecca said...

Are you still there, Girl? Missing your posts. Hoping all is well.

Annesphamily said...

A lovely photo! Miss you bunches!