Wednesday, May 2, 2012

DADDY'S RIB KNIT SOCKS - PART THREE

Hi everyone,

So  I'm "glad" that I ripped out 8 inches worth of ribbed knitting in the round to start all over.  This version is still not quite what I'm imagining in my head. However, it certainly is much better than the previous attempt.  As of Friday afternoon, this is where I was at with the cuff on the first sock:

































I'm knitting like it's going out of style, trying to get these socks finished, while not ignoring my other household duties like eating and sleeping.


This is where I ended up last night after watching the "Hawaii 5-0" and "NCIS: Los Angeles" crossover tv event last night:

































The sock looks really skinny, but remember that anytime you knit in knit2, purl2 ribbing, that it's super stretchy.  Plus, this is just an experiment in knitting. However, I know that my daddy will happily wear these socks once they're finished.

He was watching tv with me last night and kept looking over at me while I was knitting. He had a smile on his face. So even though he's not talking a whole lot about it, I can tell that he's excited to see progress on the socks ;) :)

That is the news from the ocean shores of the California today. I hope that you all are having a good day today. Thanks for visiting me.  Love and hugs, Heather

6 comments:

Becky said...

WOW! You really are making progress! At the rate you're going you'll have them done before the end of May.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I've never knitted socks before. They look great.

Beth said...

Well done, Heather! You are such a gifted crafter and loving daughter.

Anonymous said...

They are coming along quite nicely, Heather! Can't wait to see when they are done. I'll bet they will be lovely. :)

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Looks pretty good to me I wish that I could knit. You watch the same programs that we do...I missed them last night though bet they were good. It is sweet to hear you talk of your daddy.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

It looks like a sock! I'm totally impressed with your knitting skills!! I've pretty much given up on knitting for right now. I find crochet so much easier for some reason :)